It’s Lobby Week!
There’s a lot going on this week. Check it out!
Lobby Week 2021
We’re engaging virtually this week with legislators. If you missed our advocacy training this Monday, please shoot me an email for a link to the recording. We’ll be sharing legislative actions this week as well offering opportunities to learn more about some of the issues the Conservation Coalition is prioritizing this legislative session.
- TODAY at 11 am, join us for a deep-dive webinar on PFAS, featuring policy experts, lobbyists, and Representatives Adam Morgan and JA Moore. PFAS are a group of highly toxic, man-made chemicals that are showing up in drinking water sources in South Carolina. Learn how you can support legislation to establish drinking water limits for these dangerous chemicals. Register here.
- Tomorrow, March 17th at 10 am – Join us for another deep-dive webinar on Pyrolysis, featuring lobbyists, policy experts, and Senator Sandy Senn. Pyrolysis is the super-heating of plastics in order to break them down into petroleum products. “Big Chemical” is seeking exemptions to important solid waste rules for these facilities, potentially leaving taxpayers on the hook for clean-up. Learn how you can help oppose this dangerous bill. Register here.
- Thursday, March 18 5:30 pm – Join us as we Wine Down with an overview of the week’s events. Tune in with your favorite snacks and beverage to wind down after a long week of virtual lobbying on conservation issues. We’ll have a short happy hour from 5:30-6pm to recap the high points of the week and share stories of our experiences, from this Year and Years past. Register here.
Legislative Action This Week
- Santee Cooper: Bills H.3194 and S.464 will be taken up before the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee upon Senate adjournment on Wednesday, March 17th and at 10 am on Thursday, March 18th. You can tune in here for Wednesday’s subcommittee meeting.
- Solar Access: On Wednesday, March 17th at 9 am, H.3354, a bill that clarifies the tax treatment of rooftop solar panels, will have a subcommittee hearing in House Ways and Means. If passed, this bill will be in full committee on Thursday at 9 am. We support this legislation because it will keep solar affordable for South Carolinians.
- Ratepayer Protection Act: H.3683, the Ratepayer Protection Act, is also up on Wednesday, March 17th at 9 am in the Public Utilities Subcommittee of the House Labor, Commerce, and Industry (LCI) Committee. This legislation is building off of previous reforms passed after the VC Summer fiasco. We’ll be monitoring this legislation because of the impact it could have at the PSC.
Please continue to check out our legislative action center here.
Whether you’re able to tune into lobby week this week, take digital actions, or just continue to support our work at CVSC; thank you!