Work with us!
CVSC is building a grassroots conservation movement all across South Carolina to hold our leaders accountable, fight for clean energy, and protect our air, land, and water. It’s a big job, and we need passionate, smart, strategic, driven people to help us get it done.
Term: Contract position from May 2019 to March 2020
Start Date: May 2019
Location: Charleston County, SC
Contract amount: Contract compensation commensurate with experience. This will be a 1099 contract.
Application Closing Date: Rolling until filled
Scope of Position:
In 2018, CVSC is launched an ambitious statewide field effort to ignite the next generation of conservation advocates and empowering our network of conservation voters with the tools and training they need to build a safe and healthy future for South Carolina. In 2019, CVSC looks to dramatically increase the scope and scale of these efforts in the Lowcountry, building a strong and diverse grassroots base to raise the profile of clean energy and climate action among state and federal leaders, including Democratic presidential candidates.
The Lowcountry Organizer will recruit, mobilize and track CVSC supporters, members, and volunteers to build political power for the environment in key regions of South Carolina. The Organizer will build lists and train a team of activists and volunteer to raise the profile of clean energy and climate action, coordinate local activities and support other issue and electoral campaigns. The position will work as a team with other Organizers and will report to the Lowcountry Regional Field Director.
Full position description, qualifications, and how to apply can be found here.
The CVSC Advocacy Fellows Program
In 2018, CVSC launched an ambitious statewide campaign designed to drive investment in renewable energy, grow our state’s economy, and bring more accountability to government. We won big in 2019, but the fight isn’t over. To secure a clean energy future and protect South Carolina from growing threats like offshore drilling, we have more work to do.
To support these campaigns, the 2019 CVSC Advocacy Fellows program will ignite the next generation of conservation advocates. CVSC advocacy fellows will take a central role in our grassroots campaigns as we seek to engage record numbers of conservation voters and drive them to take action. This is an unpaid fellowship, but we are happy to work with students so they can receive course credit.
CVSC Advocacy Fellows will:
- Organize events and provide general support to Regional Field Directors.
- Canvass neighborhoods in support of our field campaigns.
- Learn how to use Votebuilder, minivan, and other election software.
- Support the mission and agenda of CVSC, with other tasks as assigned.
This program is ideal for students who:
- Want practical experience in political and issue-based campaigns.
- Are interested in South Carolina politics and want to get more involved.
- Want to network with like-minded conservationists across the state.
- Are passionate about clean energy and protecting South Carolina’s air, land, and water.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, Facebook, and Twitter preferred.
- Self-starter capable of managing several tasks at once.
- Must be available at least 10-15 hours a week.
- Fellowship requires weekend and evening hours.
- Must be able to attend one joint all-day training session in Columbia or Charleston to kick-off the program.
CVSC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.